Plan Response to December 28, 2015 Flooding
accordance with the Illinois Department of Insurance Bulletin CB 2015-13 and in
support of policyholders affected by the recent flooding, the Illinois FAIR Plan
- Take into consideration the needs policyholders affected by the December 28, 2015
- Declare a temporary moratorium on cancelations and nonrenewals.
- Extend claim reporting and payment requirements.
- Extend time allowed to make flood related repairs.
- Not issue company cancelations or nonrenewals as a result of "increased risk" due
to the flooding.
are advised that in the event of flood-related dispute or issue they may call the
DOI’s toll-free complaint hotline at 1-866-445-5364, or file a complaint online
Illinois FAIR Plan will only accept
electronic applications for homeowners and dwelling coverage beginning July 15th.
Click on Applications
for more information.
Response to 04/09/15 Tornadoes
The FAIR Plan will take into consideration the needs of policyholders affected by the storm.
Credit/Debit Card Payments
FAIR Plan policyholders and applicants can now use credit and debit cards to make on-line premium payments.